FREED Center for Independent Living
Celebrating Our Roots Fundraiser
November 8th, 2014
6:00 PM – 9:00 PM
A four-course extravaganza highlighting local, sustainable farm-to-fork cuisine, paired with local wines.
Come Celebrate FREED and our community with entertainment and artwork from local people with disabilities, friends and family while also celebrating the Bounty of Local Farmers!
- Mountain Bounty Farm
- Nevada County Free Range Beef
- Johansen Ranch
- OLALA Farms
Stories & Poetry
- Izzi Tooinsky “The Wild Man”
- Alkali-Last of the 49ers
- John Deaderick
- Patrick Thomas
- Blue Shadows Band – Jim Bratt & Friends
Art Show featuring
- The late Sam Dardick “The Sit Down Farmer”
- Neighborhood Center of the Arts
- An assortment of wonderful silent auction items donated by local businesses and individuals.
Enjoy the very best, fresh, artfully prepared sustainable local ingredients
- Hors d’oeuvres
- Green Salad
- Braised Beef, Roasted Roots & Polenta
- Vegetarian Option: Baked Polenta Gratin
- Pumpkin Crème Brule
Note: Each meal includes one glass of wine. Additional wine and beer available for purchase with proceeds benefiting FREED. Here’s the Details:
What: 4 Course SLO Dinner w/wine
When: Saturday, November 8th, 2014, 6pm
Where: Summer Thyme’s Bakery & Deli
How much: $45 per person, $80 per couple (Complete: Hors d’oeuvres , includes wine, beverages, gratuity)
- Reserve today: Tickets at FREED & Summer Thyme’s —Limited seating, advance ticket required.
This event has limited seating. Be sure to save your place at the table!
Celebrating Our Roots is sponsored by California Health & Wellness, Summer Thyme’s Bakery & Deli, Peaceful Valley Farm & Garden Supply, & Telestream.