Attention Yuba County residents who are physically and financially unable to protect their homes from wildfire, by creating and maintaining “defensible space.” Help is available – here are the details:
Do you need help protecting your home from wildfire?
You may be eligible for the Yuba County Special Needs Assistance Program for Defensible Space Clearance (to achieve compliance under Public Resource Code 4291)
NO COST ASSISTANCE
The Yuba Watershed Protection & Fire Safe Council will provide defensible space clearing around the homes of Yuba Co. residents who are both physically and financially unable to maintain their own defensible space. You must:
• Be over 65 years old, or
• Have a Medical Physical Disability; and
• Be financially unable to hire a contractor, with an annual household income below the following limits:*
- 1 person: $19,150
- 2 person: $21,900
- 3 person: $24,650
- 4 person: $27,350
* U.S. Dept. of Housing and Urban Development income limits for 2014
• On-site education about effective defensible space.
• Reduction of fire danger in immediate surroundings of home.
• Initial one-day clean-up of brush and woody fuels.
• Services delivered on a first-come, first served basis as funding is available.
• Services do not include removal of trash or other materials surrounding the home.
• PLEASE NOTE: If we cannot access the home due to large accumulations of non-vegetative debris, we cannot provide services.
If your household is eligible, please call Camptonville Community Partnership at (530) 288-9355. Program ends October 31st, 2014. Services are offered on first-come, first-served basis.
Brought to you by:
Yuba Watershed Protection and Fire Safe Council
With funding from: